Here is a short tutorial about how to install LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql and PHP) on a Linux VPS
Here is a brief video tutorial on how to setup RDNS or PTR Record for your IPV6 IP from your VPS Control Panel
We have again updated our OpenVZ VPS Packages.
By default our OpenVZ VPS Packages comes with unmetered 100 Mbps Port but if you need Gigabit Port, need not worry now we even offer Gigabit Port, not only this we have even updated our VPS Packages to include more bandwidth or tranfers
OVZ256, OVZ512 and OVZ1 Comes with 2 TB Transfer @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 2 Comes with 3TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 3 Comes with 4TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 4 Comes with 5TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 5 Comes with 6TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 6 Comes with 7TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
OVZ 7 Comes with 8TB @ 1Gbps Port Speed
Earlier all packages had only two options either 100 Mbps Unmetered or 2TB Transfer, but now have updated packages to give more bandwidth and not only this 100 Mbps unmetered is still available as default option.
Also existing customers can also request an upgrade to 1Gbps Port Speed
Not only this, you can even get more bandwidth @ 1Gbps, for new orders you get option to opt for it in the order form and existing customer can request upgrade via support ticket
We are constantly trying to improve quality of services and as a part of this process we have now started offer Backup Service for our Premium Ryzem KVM VPS, Budget Gigabit KVM VPS As well as OpenVZ VPS across all our locations
You can order Backup Service while placing order for your VPS and existing customers can submit a ticket for the same if you need backup service.
We are currently offering two options:
1) Monthly Backups : $2 Per month
2) Weekly Backups: $5 Per month
Our backup service will keep rotating your backups and keep two copies of backups.
Also you even get an option for manual backup, you can use this option to manually backup your VPS which is very useful when you need to make some changes in your VPS or just want to try out something which may cause trouble later on, so you can take manual backups in this way and restore from your backups anytime directly from your VPS Control Panel.
If you have any doubts feel free submit a support ticket
2020 has been a crazy year for everybody all over the globe, but we at Hosteons have been working behind the scenes to bring new services, service upgrades, server upgrades, and what not.
Here is what’s new with Hosteons:
Premium Ryzen VPS:
We have launched a Premium Range of Ryzen based KVM VPS in two locations – Los Angeles and Dallas (More locations coming soon). Ryzen CPU along with NVME Drives takes your VPS experience to a different level as these are very very fast CPU along with super fast NVME Drives it just makes you feel like as if you are using a Super Fast Dedicated Server with ease of singing a VPS. Our Ryzen VPS Nodes are connected to 10Gbps network instead of our regular 1 Gbps Network to even make your network lightning fast.
Direct Admin Switch:
Due to constant price increase by cPanel we decided to even switch to Direct Admin for our shared web hosting and reseller web hosting and we even took the opportunity to even switch our web server from Apache to Lite Speed along with Kernel Care for reboot less updates, Cloud Linux for stable hosting experience and even more secure with CageFS implementation. We even added Imunify to it to make sure all sites on the server malware free. Not only this now we are using RAID 10 SSD instead of normal HDD for even faster websites. We are now even taking offsite backups every alternate day.
- Direct Admin Control Panel
- Lite Speed Web Server for ultra fast websites
- CloudLinux for Stable and Secure Web Hosting
- Imunify for Malware and Virus Free Hosting
- KernelCare for Rebootless updates hence basically services with no downtime
- RAID 10 SSD Based Storage for ultra fast disk access and very fast websites
- Regular backups just in case if you ever want to restore your data.
- 24×7 Support – We understand how important your website is for you hence we have 24×7 support
These are so many features and benefits not possible to mention all of them in a single article.
Discontinued 100 Mbps KVM VPS:
We have discontinued 100 Mbps Unmetered KVM VPS and instead of started offering Gigabit VPS as we noticed now when 100 Mbps connectivity is very common even in a typical household broadband, so 100 Mbps on a server is not enough, moreover we had more reasons to make this decision like when we were offering 100 Mbps Unmetered VPS even a few abusive or even compromised 100 Mbps VPS could make the network experience bad for other VPS users on the VPS node and since we did not wanted to compromise on quality of our services, we made this tough decision. Though we are not terminating existing 100 Mbps VPS users, they can continue to use their 100 Mbps VPS as long as they keep renewing and even option to upgrade to Gigabit VPS is open for them.
Also new nodes that we are adding for Gigabit VPS are now on 10 Gbps Port, very soon we will upgrade, all our VPS nodes (those nodes will only have Gigabit VPS not 100 Mbps unmetered VPS)
Migration from SolusVM to Virtualizor:
SolusVM is a good VPS control panel but it’s been lacking lots of features that were available in Virtualizor or where were very much needed, hence we even switch from SolusVM to Virtualizor, it wasn’t issue to switch but we still did it with help of very helpful team of Virtualizor.
Some of the new features which were not available until in our VPS control panel will be available now, like:
- Custom ISO upload – Now if you need to install an OS that’s not already available in our VPS templates you need not worry, just login to your VPS control panel and you can upload your own ISO and install your own OS, no need to even submit a ticket to do so.
- Until now we had to shutdown or suspend VPS of CPU abusive users, but now we can simply cap or limit their CPU usage to make sure experience of other VPS users is not affected and it even avoids downtime for VPS users whose CPU usage goes out of control (usually it’s due to some buggy software)
- Complete Integration with our billing system, so now you even don’t need to login to VPS control panel separately, you can mange most of the things directly from Client Porta/Billing/Helpdesk
- Support for Block Storage (We plan to provide block storage soon, but lack of support in SolusVM was our biggest hurdle, but now we have this option available)
There are many more features to list in a single article.
Very soon even daily backups will be available with our Premium Ryzen VPS, we will send out an email once it’s available.
We hope all our clients are at home and safe in this epidemic.
Here are some promos, discounts and some news about our services:
New OpenVZ VPS Nodes added in LA and even launched OpenVZ VPS in NY
- RECURR50 – Gives recurring 50% Off on OVZ 1 – OVZ 7 VPS Packages on annual billing cycles
- RECURR20 – Gives recurring 20% off on VPS 1 to VPS 7 KVM VPS Packages in LA as well as NY
- Free Windows 2019 License on VPS 3 – VPS 7 KVM VPS Packges on annual billing cycle (Just submit a support ticket after placing order to activate windows license). – No coupon code required and can be used along with other coupons.
- DA – Free Direct Admin License for KVM VPS 2 and above packages and also OVZ 2 and above VPS Packages
- Free Blesta License – Just submit a support ticket we will activate Blesta License for free. (No coupon required)
- UPGRADE – Free Upgrade to Next VPS Package, applicable on KVM VPS 1 – VPS 6 and OVZ 1 – OVZ 6 VPS package
- DOUBLEDISK – Double disk space for your VPS, applicable on KVM VPS 1 – VPS 6 and OVZ 1 – OVZ 6 VPS package
Check our all our VPS Packages at https://hosteons.com/vps.php
With recent cPanel price increase, it is not affordable anymore especially for VPS and even Dedicated Servers, this recent cPanel price increase is going to force a lots of Web Hosting providers to switch to other Control Panels.
There are very few good alternatives to cPanel as cPanel is feature rich, stable and was not very expensive until now. Some of the alternatives to cPanel are:
- Direct Admin (Free with Hosteons VPS)
- VestaCP (Free)
Plesk is also owned by same parent company as cPanel, so it’s not big deal that even Plesk follows same path as cPanel hence it’s no brainer to switch to Plesk
Direct Admin is a very old, mature and stable web hosting control panel, it just does not have all the good looks of cPanel but it is very stable and secure and also provides regular updates, also unlike cPanel it works not only on CentOS but also many other linux variants like Debian, Ubuntu and many more, it even supports FreeBSD
Direct Admin is much cheaper then cPanel infant we at hosteons provide it for free with most of our VPS Packages, just use coupon code “DA” to get Direct Admin for free with your VPS
VestaCP is another web hosting control panel, but its a free control panel and had some vulnerabilities in past, so it’s OK to use for personal use, but commercial or production use is not recommended.
To add more value to our services and to make VPS management easier for our client we are now offering Direct Admin Control Panel for free with most of our VPS packages. Since Direct Admin has certain resource requirements, we are going to offer Direct Admin on following VPS Packages:
VPS 2 – VPS 7
OVZ 2 – OVZ 7
To get Direct Admin for free you need to use coupon code “DA” while placing order and after placing order please submit a support ticket to install Direct Admin on your VPS, we will reinstall your VPS and also install Direct Admin for you and reply back to you within 24 hours (We do have 24×7 support but Direct Admin Licenses are handled by Billing hence we cannot activate it immediately)
Please note it is applicable only on new VPS Orders.
Coupon Code: MARCH20
This coupon will give RECURRING 20% OFF on our KVM as well as OpenVZ VPS on following packages
KVM VPS – LA and NY Both Locations:
Packages: VPS 1 to VPS 7
OpenVZ VPS – LA:
Packages: OVZ 1 to OVZ 7
Not applicable on 256 MB or 512 MB OpenVZ VPS also not applicable on 256 MB KVM VPS.
Offer Expires on 31st March 2019
Order now from https://hosteons.com/vps.php to avail this offer
We have added one more KVM VPS Node in LA – InterNAP
This time we are using Intel E5-2650 CPU instead of AMD Opteron CPU, configuration is as under:
Dual Intel E5-2650 v2
128 GB RAM
4 x 1 TB SSD Drives